Search This Blog

Monday, May 20, 2019

FryMadness-Closed

FryMadness
555 S Spring St
Los Angeles, CA 90013
213-797-2847




Jerk Spiced Shrimp/ Mango Pico/ House Made Caribbean Nectar- $14.  The fries are made from fresh  potatoes, but they aren't cooked to order.  They are cooked and sitting under heat lamps.  The fries would have been good, if they were hot and right out of the fryer.

The two medium sized shrimp in the picture were the biggest pieces in this dish.  There were smaller bay shrimp throughout the dish.  They shrimp had the Caribbean nectar-which was basically a sweet bar-b-que sauce.  The mango pico would have been good, if the mangoes were ripe, but they were bitter because they weren't ripe.  The jack cheese was fine. Overall, it was ok.  Not worth the $14 price tag.

Service was pretty good, after a bad first impression.  I walked in.  The lady told me to pick a table.  I then asked if they had a restroom, so I can wash my hands.  She said restrooms are for customers only.  I then told her, I am going to eat here.  I just want to wash my hands.  She gave me the key to the restrooms.  She was nice and helpful while I ordered and ate.

I wouldn't go back to FryMadness.  The fries are mediocre and it's overpriced!