Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Wolfe’s Kitchen & Deli


Wolfe’s Market
160 W Foothill Blvd
Claremont, CA 91711
909-626-8508

Wolfe's Market used to be popular Claremont market.  But, the big box markets came in and basically put the market part of Wolfe out of business.  But, in a very wise move, Wolfe's added a deli and catering in the back of the store, and now it's a very popular deli place.  The front of the store will soon become Meat Cellar,  which is moving a few blocks west of their old location!  The signs in the windows say late 2017, but they are still working on moving Meat Cellar.



Cheese sandwich, $7.39.  I asked for cheddar and havarti cheese with only mayo, lettuce and tomatoes on squaw bread.  I got havarti cheese with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes AND red onions, cucumbers, sprouts,  and bell peppers.  The menu says veggie or cheese.  When I placed my order the lady didn't have a clue.  I asked I want a cheese sandwich.  She never asked until later what kind of bread.  Then she wasn't sure how much cheese I could get.  Another guy said four slices of cheese and I could choose the cheese, so I picked havarti and cheddar.  Well I only got one slice of cheese in the sandwich and it was only havarti.  The items were all fresh.  The quality of the sandwich is good.  But, how do you screw up the order?  I didn't have time for them to make a new sandwich. 

Service needs improvement!  The people are nice but need to be trained better.  I'm not sure if the lady making the order or management is to blame for this.  I mean it should be simple training.  Or simply reading the ticket that she wrote.

For a long time sandwich place, I'm shocked at the bad service of Wolfe's.  I won't go back!