Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

Nomura Sushi



Nomura Sushi
14622 Ventura Blvd Ste 207
Los Angeles, CA 91403
818-981-3844

Parts of Ventura Blvd. in the Valley have the nickname, Sushi Row, because there are some great sushi restaurants.  Nomura Sushi is a place I tried about 2-3 years ago and I remembered it being pretty good.  So, I was in Sherman Oaks, and decided to give them another try.

Located in a two story complex, Nomura is a small restaurant with the sushi bar along the left wall and tables in the other part.  Use your GPS because it is hard to find while driving, since the front signage isn't good.  They have a validated parking lot in the back or find metered street parking.

Tuna sushi and yellowtail sushi, $6.50 each.  Both pieces of fish were huge!! Both were pretty fresh but not top quality sushi.  There was also a very small amount of rice, which wasn't sticky, it just fell apart when dipping into the soy sauce.


Veggie hand roll, cucumber, avocado, gobo, sprouts, seaweed and mushroom, $5.50.  I didn't taste or see any avocado.  But, this was pretty good.  The sushi chef handled the roll to me without a plate, not what I expected!
Shrimp tempura roll, $7 happy hour price, $9.50 regular price.  This was a small roll, with a very small piece of shrimp tempura.  Barely worth the happy hour price of $7.  Unless this roll has more pieces at the regular price it isn't worth it.

Service was good.  I sat at the sushi bar and while no other customers came into the restaurant, I got my food quickly and drinks refilled.

I wouldn't go back to Nomura.  It wasn't as good as the first time I went there.