Search This Blog

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sushi Land


Sushi Land
2129 S Hacienda Blvd
Hacienda Heights, CA 91745
626-369-1143

I was craving sushi and found Sushi Land after doing a search.  The first place I wanted to go, Ootoro Sushi, is closed on Sunday.  I did make it to Ootoro Sushi about a week later.  So, Sushi Land was an easy decision.  Located in the CVS shopping center that used to have China Mandarin, Sushi Land is a small restaurant with seating at the sushi bar in front and what seems to be tables in the back.  I didn't go to the back room.

All day on Sundays is Happy Hour, so California rolls, spicy tuna roll, and mixed tempura-two pieces of shrimp tempura and 3 vegetable tempura are $5.


California roll- regular price $6.  A good sized California roll.  Good, fresh ingredients!


Spicy tuna roll- regular price $6.  A bit small, but a good quality, fresh roll.


Mixed tempura-regular price $8- I'm guessing you get more pieces of shrimp and vegetable for the regular price.  This was only ok.  A frozen piece of shrimp, good batter to shrimp ratio, but not as crunchy as I would like.  Only good thing was this came right out of the fryer! 

Crunchy roll $8.  This was good, but too much of the crunchy toppings.  Otherwise fresh and tasty.


Shrimp $6 and blue fin tuna sushi- $7 special price,  Regular price-$9.  Shrimp was good, fresh and flavorful.  The blue fin tuna is a steal at $7.  Very buttery and flavorful.  Maybe the best blue fin tuna I've had.

Service was good.  Nice, friendly, and quick service.  I was never lacking for anything, drinks were refilled quickly.

I would go back to Sushi Land anytime!!  Very impressed with the quality of the fish, the service, and the good value.