Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Anna’s Pizza


Anna’s Pizza
1240 Lakes Dr
West Covina, CA 91790
626-918-5929

The day after National Pizza Day and I decide to look for a new pizza place.  Anna's Pizza comes up and I figured why not give them a try.  Located near the movie theaters and the now closed Chicken Box, in West Covina, Anna's is a family run pizza place.

It's a medium size place with about 12 or so tables and a small bar.  I would think many people have had a pizza and a movie!

It was mostly empty when I walked in there for lunch.  3-4 tables were filled.


Lunch special 8in two topping pizza, mushrooms and jalapeno $9.80, with salad and soda.  The pizza had way too much crust!  This is more than many pan pizza.  The dough was pretty good, nice chewy texture, but just too much!  Sauce was ok, nothing special and the cheese and toppings were fine.

Service is friendly but a bit off.  Maybe I got there right after the lunch rush, but when I got my salad- pretty standard-iceberg lettuce, shreaded mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, and olives, the young lady said she would bring me silverware.  A few minutes later she brought a plastic fork and said they are washing the silverware and would bring me a fork when they are done.  Well, I never got a real fork, but a plastic fork works.  But, really what kind of place runs out of silverware and/or takes forever to wash them?

I wouldn't go back to Anna's because the pizza wasn't good.  There are better pizza options in the area like Red Devil Pizza.