Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

Grimaldi's

Grimaldi's
1 Front St
Brooklyn
718-858-4300

So I'm in New York City and want to try another pizza place besides Crosby Pizza Stop, which I love. So Grimaldi's comes highly recommended. So I go on the subway to Brooklyn and walk a couple blocks to Grimaldi's. Grimaldi's is located in an old bank building just under the Brooklyn Bridge. It's on the border of Brooklyn Heights and Downtown Brooklyn. I was hoping to see a Sweathog but no such luck.

I got to Grimaldi's right before a huge line started to form. Since it was such a beautiful day I didn't want to be stuck inside and ordered a pizza a pizza to go. I figured I would find a park bench and enjoy the great view of the New York City skyline while enjoying the pizza.



I got the large sausage and mushroom pizza, $19 and change. I actually ordered just a sausage pizza, paid for it, then added mushrooms to the order. The pizza was good, no question about it. But, it didn't blow me away and it certainly didn't meet the hype. The crust was good, but I've had better crust in LA. The toppings was fresh and tasty; I liked the sausage-good seasoning and good quality meat, the cheese was super fresh. But, I've had just as good.

Service was good. The lady who took my order was nice and friendly. When I added the mushrooms, she was nice about it and saw it was more money for the business, not a pain to deal with. I added the mushrooms about 2-3 minutes after placing the order, so it's not something that should be that big of a deal.

I don't want to give the impression that Grimaldi's is bad. Quite the contrary, it is very good. I just wasn't so good that I have to rush back to New York City. I still think Crosby's Pizza Stop is the best pizza in New York City.