Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Freebirds World Burrito

Freebirds World Burrito
17947 W Chatsworth St
Granada Hills, CA 91344
818-368-8239

Freebirds World Burrito looks like a direct competitor to Chipotle, a fast casual burrito restaurant that uses fresh ingredients.  Freebirds has been in the LA area for a few years, but the location near USC closed and the other locations, I don't usually travel near the other locations.

This Freebirds is located in your standard suburban strip mall, that has other chain restaurants.  It's located near Porter Ranch, where that natural gas leak caused people to move out of their homes, and the gas company putting people's lives in danger just o make a profit!


Freebird size burrito, $8.49, black beans, chile lime rice, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled onions and peppers, roasted corn salsa, sour cream on a spinach tortilla!  Freebirds has three different sized burritos, with the freebird size being a good portion, but no overwhelming like Chipotle! You can put a wide variety of items in your burrito. I got the veggie burrito and I like the choices-spinach tortilla, grilled onions and peppers, roasted corn salsa and the chile lime rice.  Since I got there about 40 minutes before closing, most of the items had been sitting on the steam table for a long time  They were ok, but you could tell they had been there a bit too long.  This would be a good burrito if I went during the lunch or dinner rush.

Service was ok.  The girl who would eventually help me, was nice but when I walked in there were two customers who were taking forever to order.  She was standing behind the counter doing a couple things, until finally maybe 3-5 minutes after I arrived she asked what I wanted to order.  What she was doing wasn't an emergency, and something that could have been done later.  At the very least acknowledge that I'm there and you'll help me as soon as you're done. 

Overall Freebirds compares favorably to Chipolte.  I think Freebirds has a more reasonable sized burrito and they didn't have that e-coli scare like Chipotle.  Chipotle has more locations in LA, so far, and I don't think Freebirds is worth driving out of your way.  I won't rush back to Freebirds, but I would go back if I'm in the area.