Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Yama Sushi

Yama Sushi
1350 E Flamingo Rd Ste 18
Las Vegas, NV 89119
702-696-0072

So I'm in Las Vegas and I drive around and notice an Indian restaurant in a shopping center.  So, I go in and right before pulling into a parking space, I decide to drive around and see what other restaurants are there.  I see a Sushi sign and tons of people waiting outside, so I decide to get sushi instead.

Yama Sushi is a fairly small restaurant in a regular shopping center that you would see in any other city.  It is an all you can eat sushi restaurant with a small dining room and a sushi bar with about 10 seats.

The all you can eat sushi option is $23.95.  I originally didn't plan to get the AYCE option, but ordering two rolls and a couple nigiri sushi and those alone would come out to more than $23.95.  So, I got the AYCE option.

Now the sushi was good, not the freshest or most flavorful.  But, I also know this is AYCE and don't expect the freshest.  And to be clear, the sushi was fresh, just not right out of the ocean fresh.  I liked all the rolls I ordered.  Interesting combinations and flavors. 

Nigiri sushi- Halibut, tuna, and shrimp sushi

Shrimp tempura roll

Ultimate tuna roll-spicy tuna roll with tuna and avocado on top

Tiger roll-shrimp tempura roll with spicy tuna and avocado on top.

Soft shell crab roll-soft shell crab, crab meat, cucumber, avocado, and carrots.

Service by the sushi chef was great!  He was Latino, which was very interesting.  He was very fast and always looked around to see if you needed anything. Service by the servers were a bit slow, refills on water were slow to come by and plates tended to stack up.

Overall I liked Yama Sushi and if I were in Vegas again, I would go back!