Search This Blog

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza

Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza
667 E Colorado Blvd
Pasadena
626-440-7358

What do you get when you combine Subway's business model in the pizza industry?  You get Blaze Fast-Fire'd Pizza!  A chain with locations in about ten states and Washington DC, Blaze opened in a prime location on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena.

Even on a Friday of a holiday weekend, Blaze was packed.  We waited in line for about 15 minutes before we got our order.  When we got to the front of the line, the workers asked us what we wanted on our pizza.

They have one price for all their pizza, signature or build your own-$7.45. 


We decided to split two of their signature pizzas-Veg Out-zucchini, mushrooms, red onion, mozzarella, gorgonzola, red sauce dollops and BBQ Chicken-grilled chicken, mozzarella, red onion, pepperoncini, gorgonzola, bbq sauce drizzle.  On the Veg Out, I asked for n zucchini because I hate zucchini!

First the crust, amazing!  Light, crispy, and holds up well to the toppings.  The veg out was my favorite with the gorgonzola adding a lot of flavor to the pizza.  I liked the BBQ chicken too, with it's contrasts of flavors.

Service is friendly and fast.

I don't like chains and prefer to go to mom and pop, hole in the wall type places.  But, Blaze is damn good pizza and if I'm in Pasadena I would have no problems going back!