Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sage Organic Vegan

Sage Organic Vegan
1700 W Sunset Blvd
213-989-1718

Sage Organic Vegan is a very popular vegan restaurant in Echo Park.  I've heard so many great things about Sage and finally had a chance to try their food.  Sage has an interesting set up, with a large main floor seating with lots of natural light and a loft seating area that has very little natural light.

Sage was only serving their brunch menu the day I went.  We got to Sage at the right time because it was packed by the time we were done with brunch. 


Kale Salad:Blanched kale, mango, quinoa, strawberries and shaved almonds tossed w/ maple tahini vinaigrette; $8.95.  This salad was just off.  Something about it didn't work.  The kale was a bit tough, the menu says blanched but it was pretty close to raw.  The quinoa was fine.  There were barely any mangos, but the strawberries were very fresh.  Portion size was fairly good for the price, but I wouldn't order this again.

Service from the server was very good.  She was nice and friendly and helpful. But, the service from the host just sucked.  He was a jerk.  If a restaurant doesn't want customers, I would be very happy to take my business elsewhere.  The restaurant was fairly slow when my group arrived.  The loft was completely empty when we got there.  I made reservations for 10 people,  but a larger group wanted to try Sage.  But the jerk host was making a big deal about my group being larger than I had said.  I mean if you don't want the extra 4-6 people when your restaurant was slow and where we sat was empty, well I won't bring a group back to this damn place.  I would have understood if it was packed and very busy, but it wasn't and the host still cops and attitude and is a jerk?  Screw this place.

The food I ordered was just ok, but there were other dishes that looked very good.  But the terrible attitude by the jerk host, means I'm not going back to Sage.